Wednesday, June 27, 2007

What a Pub!

Since I moved to Wa in '97, I have been taken aback by one place........somewhere that keeps me warm when I am cold, cool when I am hot, drunk when I am sober and full when I am hungry.....
That place is the Brown Lantern! When I first entered the pub, it was just that....a pub/alehouse. Beer and wine only, a small rectangular box of rustic old Skagit Fir, soda shop seats, a pool table and a crappy urinal. But from that day forward, it has been a integral member of my family.....me, my dog, and the Brown.....then of course Mom, Dad, Sis....etc.

Anyway, the Brown has changed a bit over the years to now a restaurant/pub, but the beer has never floweth cooler, the ownership and staff never been better. With about 12 beers on tap, more in the cooler, liquor, bacon cheeseburgers, corn crab chowder, a beer garden and band area.......the Brown is truly one of a kind. I cannot promote it more or go there enough. If you come to A-town, you have to hit the Brown Lantern for a beer, some food and for just saying you been there. It is truly a highlight of our small, northwest, seaside town.

Dave....You Rock!

Troy

No comments: