Thursday, June 28, 2007

Learning to Blog/Post

Ok,
I am learning here also and what I have discovered thus far is this:

1. Posting a comment will require a username and password......ouch! Yeah, I didn't realize this in the beginning and was thinking that I had to sign in to moderate the site, but others merely could post. So with that, this will be a pain for most since we all do not want another password to remember. All I can say is I would hope most will remember the goal here...to improve the town, promote the town, etc and will bite the bullet for now, until it is determined that the site is truly something useful and desired. Then, I, we, whomever can offer up new tips to develop a more userfriendly site. We are now in the intial crawling stages of a blog site; I am learning as we go.

2. Many are overly critical of their own writing ability. Don't worry too much about grammar and spelling. Again, the goal is to just get the community to pull together and talk about the town. It is all stream of consciousness typing/posting. Who cares if you spell something incorrectly or your post sounds goofy. It will ultimately contribute regardless.

3. I am working to create the official site address as theanacortesreview.com.....but for now, theanacortesreview.blogsport.com is the temp address since google blogsport is an easy site to set up your very first blog. Ok?

Anyway, as I find out more things I will post. There are many out there who are experts at this, so pass the word. Let's get this thing going.

Thanks,
T

1 comment:

Troy said...

Again, testing the waters here on the ease or lack thereof concerning hitting the site and posting a comment.

I am looking for a StarBar review. So, someone please shoot a critique. Thanks.

T