Wednesday, June 27, 2007

A-Town's First Post: by locals, for locals....and others.

Well, since we all are becoming more connected, I felt it was about time to set up an all-hands review of our town. I wanted a single source web entity that would provide opinions about all the different services our town has to offer. I wanted to hear what everyone has to say about the restoration of the Wilson Hotel, the beer at the Brown Lantern, the access provided by the ferry terminal, the marinas, the service at particular hardware stores, and so on and so on.

I have quite a bit of pride in my town of Anacortes, despite only having lived here since 1999. I love the restaurants, the people, the quality of life; its proximity to the water, the mountains, Canada, Hawaii, ....the list is endless. But often I have friends, family members, and clients come into town only to say....."Where is the best fish 'n chips....?" Of course I have my favorite, but I thought it worthwhile to get everyone's take. Heck, just the other day I finally had salmon and chips at The Captain's Place....after almost 10 years of being around town.....They were great! And the service was good also.

So with that, let us all join in and give our best foot forward in describing all the good things our town has to offer. Don't forget to mention people too, since it is truly the people in our town that make it so great. Constructive criticism is welcome also, but let us try to keep it clean and helpful........to ultimately make the services better.

Thanks for visiting and let's get to it!

Cheers,

Troy Williams

No comments: